Monday, December 12, 2011

Popcorn and Ice-cream

Last night for dinner we ate popcorn and ice-cream.

Ok to tell the truth we had dinner at four o'clock like old people, because I encouraged Aaron to make a super delicious-yet-time-consuming soup as an effort to stop him from watching movies, which was distracting me from studying. By the time the soup was done our apartment smelled so good we couldn't resist eating an early dinner.

Of course, come 8 o'clock I was hungry again, so the resident popcorn popper got to work over the stove and then we topped it off with some pistachio gelato. It reminded me of the times in the summer when my mom let us eat popcorn and ice-cream for dinner. I'm guessing this only happened once, but my childhood memories have distorted it into being a somewhat regular occurrence.

Mom? Oh also, why do I have a stomach ache this morning?

2 comments:

  1. Found my google account! You probably have, as your Mom said, a reaction to popcorn butter and the creamy gelato. Like be glad you don't eat fried chicken, because that and gelato together would be a stomach ache beyond compare. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we eat at "old people dinner time". But...we...are...NOT...old! No, it's simply a valid reason to eat a very wicked snack (or 2 or 3) a little later. And other times, we eat dessert for "not old people dinner time". Just because we can!

    ReplyDelete