Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Soup weather

The only good things about fall are boots and soup. I was really dreading the change to fall weather, but then I remembered I have about 1,000 soup recipes I haven't been able to use for the last 4 months. So many dinner options! Soup is easy to make, easy to freeze, and great for using up our CSA vegetables. I also had a growing supply of frozen veggies in the freezer to make veggie broth with (so much cheaper and better than buying it- you should make it at home).

Here are some of my favorite soup recipes to keep you warm/stock up your freezer:

Soothing Red Lentil Soup - It is soothing! I like it with extra lemon.

Carrot Ginger Soup - A favorite for a couple of years. We made it this week and it is still amazing! (requires an immersion blender unless you are brave enough to put hot liquids in your stand up blender... I'm not)

Stale Bread Soup - just make it.

Coconut Red Lentil Soup - something about the golden raisins in this soup make it the best.

Crock Pot Vegetarian Split Pea Soup - one of Aaron's favorites.



No comments:

Post a Comment