Sunday, August 25, 2013

Mom's Wedding



Aaron and I went home to Michigan last weekend for a very special occasion: my mom's wedding. I wasn't able to take any time off work, so it was a short trip but very much worth it. It is always a treat to spend time with my extended family members who we only see once or twice a year.

The pictures are kind-of dark, mostly taken by Aaron (and yes Ruth and I are wearing matching dresses). My mom and Jack had their wedding at St. John's in Jackson, followed by a lunch reception at  Cascade Manor House. Afterwards they had us over at their newly remodeled house. When everyone but their kids had gone home we forced them to open up their cards and gifts. We had to open ours in front of other people so it was only fair.



Making it official.







It was an absolutely beautiful weekend weather wise, perfect for hanging out. Sunday morning we had a baby shower for my cousin Julie, who is due at the end of September. We are all grateful to her and Patrick for finally giving Grandma a grand-child and giving us a break for a few years!



No comments:

Post a Comment