Monday, May 13, 2013

Lakefront Brewery


On Saturday Aaron and I drove to Milwaukee to go on a tour at Lakefront Brewery. We've heard good things about the tour from our friends and enjoy Lakefront beer, so it was time to check it out.


At $7 each, the tours are extremely affordable considering they include four 6-ounce samples of beer and a pint glass. On top of that you get a coupon for a free Lakefront beer at nearby restaurants and the 6-ounce samples are really more than 6 ounces. Plus the tour lasted almost an hour. It was a good deal, even adding on the gas money to drive there.


We learned a lot about Lakefront and beer from our very entertaining tour guide and furthered Aaron's desire to start brewing our own beer. I'm not too sure, it was pretty stinky in there. My favorite beer by far was the mystery beer, which was (big surprise) an IPA. Aaron traded me for it when I didn't pick it during the tour because he is nice like that.



My only complaint would be if your tour was full (60 people) it is kind-of a lot of people. Luckily ours wasn't and we had a great time! We also saw a wedding reception being set up. Jealous. We will definitely go back to Lakefront if we are in Milwaukee (Saturday was my first time there).

No comments:

Post a Comment