Sunday, May 15, 2011

Strawberry Edamame Salad

While I would love to write a long post about the past few days and what a great weekend Aaron and I had, our trip ended with a flat tire and a little stress, so you'll have to settle with this sort post about a salad I made to test out strawberries.

This past week I added strawberries to my diet. Luckily, they were on sale at Whole Foods and they are super sweet and delicious ones. To use those in a meal and also to use up some of our growing basil plant, I made the awesome Strawberry and Edamame Salad.


This may seem like a strange combo, but it was great. I had to make some changes (no jalepeno!) to make it elimination diet approved. I had it over quinoa for dinner and it was a great dinner, because when I made this it was close to 90 degrees in Madison and super humid!

Here's how you make my version:

1.5 heaping cups of shelled edamame
1.5 heaping cups of sliced strawberries
about half of a red onion, diced
as much basil as you can tear off your little plant (should be 1/4 cup)
1 tablespoon maple syrup
juice from 1 lime
dash of salt and pepper

Mix it all together and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment