Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Green Smoothie

The first time I saw "green" smoothies on the inter-webs, I was a little disgusted.

Then I kept reading and reading about them. Everyone claimed you can't taste the spinach, but I was still skeptical. After about six months of seeing photos and looking at recipes, I was finally brave enough to give them a try.

And... everyone was right.

Most of the green smoothies I make don't actually turn out green. Usually, they look some suspicious color and if people see them, they are grossed out. But this one stays true to its name and holds a green color. It's really easy, filling, and delicious.

Throw two mangos, one ripe avocado, a couple handfuls of spinach, and about 2 cups of water into your blender. Put it on high for a little bit and voila. If the mangos aren't super sweet, adding a pear, apple or grapes can make it better.

Here is a list of why I like green smoothies:

1. It makes a fruit smoothie more substantial.
2. They gave me a good excuse to buy colorful straws.
3. You can have salad before lunch without actually having to eat a salad.

Try one! You don't want to be the last loser to get on this bandwagon. This is the first post that inspired me to go for it, so check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment