Monday, April 4, 2011

The Hail

Last night we had quite a storm in Madison. There was thunder and lightening for a while, so we checked the weather forecast and found out we had a "Severe Thunderstorm Warning." By the looks of the radar map, the storm had almost passed and we both said "that wasn't very severe."

Ten minutes later, I was brushing my teeth and the water was on. I heard some bangs and thought maybe a tree was hitting the window? Or our strange down-stairs neighbor was banging around?

When I turned the water off, it sounded like God was dropping God-sized marbles onto our roof.

Hail! I enjoyed the view from the window, hoping our cars weren't damaged. Ice chunks this size or larger were all over the street.

Aaron went down to get a piece.

His hand is abnormally large, so he held up his phone so you can get a better idea of the size.

Luckily the cars weren't damaged and it ended in 15 minutes or so. But the storm lasted alllll night.

No comments:

Post a Comment