Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cold Lentil Yogurt Soup


This is one of the first dishes we made in our new apartment, back when it was still in the 90's every day. I was skeptical about it and when Aaron found out what we were having for dinner he sorta looked at me like I was crazy.

I found the inspiration for this recipe here: Journey Kitchen. I wanted to make it a little more substantial and just didn't have a few of the ingredients, so I changed the seasonings and added all of the lentils and cucumber as part of the soup. The result was wonderful, so good that I made it again a week later. Since I rarely make a recipe more than once ever, that says something!

This recipe made two Aaron and Miriam sized dinner portions, so you could have it as an appetizer for 4 or dinner for 2, or double the recipe!

Ingredients:

1/2 cup brown lentils boiled in 1 1/2 cups water
Diced cucumber (1/2 cup to 1 cup depending on how much you like cucumber!)
3 green onions, sliced thinly
1/4 tsp each of dry dill, coriander and thyme
6 oz container of plain yogurt
About a tsp of lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste


Rinse the lentils and add them to the water. Bring it to a boil, then add a dash of salt, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes. Let cool for a bit.

Mix all ingredients together and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment