Monday, March 28, 2011

Decision

Everyone goes through a phase where they think their life might be playing a joke on them, right?

Well, I'm going through one of those phases now. When we decided to move to Madison I was just finishing up an application to the Ford School of Public Policy at the University of Michigan. Although I detest U of M, it is a great program (ranked #7) and I didn't think I had much of a chance to get in. I submitted my application and felt like it was a waste of $$, 1) because we were probably moving to Wisconsin, and 2) because I just did not think I would get in. (I didn't think I was diverse enough).

Of course you can see where this is going. I did get in and I got a fellowship on top of that.

Even better, I won't qualify for in-state tuition at UW-Madison unless I defer for a year and I wouldn't qualify for in-state in Michigan since I already switched my driver's license. It's a lot of money were talking about. Like a whole year's salary worth.

Although I'm not 100%, we have pretty much decided that I will start grad school in the fall as planned and we will eat the cost.

PLUS I haven't posted in a few days because I started a job last week. It is full time for now, but to keep the job in September I need to be a student at UW. I had another job offer that seemed really great and I could have deferred for a year, but I decided to turn it down. It would have been much easier to only have 1 option.

So now I just need to accept the decisions and let go of the possibilities that could have been if i had chosen the other job or was able to go to U of M. Luckily I have a wonderful fiance who would rather have me working and in school than save $30,000.

And to get me flowers. Which he will have to water because they would die in my care.

Took this picture last night... the buds are now turning pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment