Thursday, July 5, 2012

Chilaquiles

Well after finishing that 4th of July beer last night things quickly went downhill for me. I'll spare you the details but lets just say I spent the time between 9 p.m. and 4 a.m. alternating  between my bed and the bathroom, while taking tons of pills and trying to get my fever to go down. And I literally got over my cold a few hours before that!

Sometime around 3:30 a.m. I emailed my boss to tell him I probably wouldn't be at work today. I'm happy to say I did get some sleep and the fever finally broke, but I have spent the last two hours in bed drinking gatorade. Ugh.

ANYWAY...thinking about food makes me feel nauseous right now, but I wanted to write something somewhat interesting. 

I have made it a mission of mine to take a picture of all of the chilaquiles I eat in Mexico. Its pretty much my favorite food. The ones below are from La Poblanita, a restaurant a couple blocks south of my house. It is a brightly decorated Mexican restaurant with extremely reasonable food prices (my breakfast was under 5 dollars).


I also made some for myself for dinner last night. I toasted the tortilla chips myself. Ok, it doesn't look or taste as good as the restaurant ones, but you can't really go wrong with salsa verde, tortilla chips, and cheese.


When I go home I'll have to try recreating a more authentic recipe.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon. Interesting food I've never heard of before. Always learning something new from you. Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is super good Aunt Jeri... although not the healthiest thing in the world!

      Delete