Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Bosque De Chapultepec



This past weekend the weather was not great, which I think was due to the tropical depression moving along the west coast of Mexico. It rained pretty much all day Saturday, so I went grocery shopping and relaxed.

On Sunday I was hoping to go to a volcano with my roommate, but we decided to place our bets on one of the next few weekends being better weather. Instead, I went with my coworker to Bosque de Chapultepec, which is apparently the largest park in Latin American and is about a 20 minute walk from my house. Bosque actually means forest.


It took us a while to find each other because the park is huge and neither of us could successfully reach our meeting point. I entered the park in a peaceful area but soon found myself on a road with tons of people and vendors selling everything from water to toys. They were also yelling out what they had and the price, which made it extremely loud.


We finally met at the zoo. There is a zoo, a couple of lakes, and a bunch of museums in the park. We eventually made our way to the castle and went inside (which is the National History Museum and former Presidential residence). I´ll post some pictures from that soon.

I have to say the most entertaining thing about the park was people taking photographs of squirrels. Someone would bait the squirrel with food and a whole group would crowd around to take pictures of it. The worst part was they were gray and scraggly looking squirrels, not exactly a picture to hang on the wall?

No comments:

Post a Comment