Friday, June 29, 2012

Sickness.

Being sick in a foreign country is no fun. There is so much you want to do, but you know if you don't rest you'll never get better. I have lots of experience (I think I almost met my death bed the first weekend I was studying abroad in Poland). Luckily I get to explore the usually have super potent medicine that you don't need a prescription to get!

My boss has been warning me for two or three weeks that I should be taking vitamins. He said that the viruses (especially the cold and flu) in Mexico City hit him really hard and seem to be a lot stronger, since it never gets cold enough or hot enough to kill them. I finally listened and bought some Vitamin C on Wednesday night... then Thursday morning I woke up with a sore throat. Bad timing. It just got worse today.

To be fair, I haven't been sleeping as much as I should or eating as many vegetables as I normally do.

What sucks: today is a beautiful day and I am laying in bed. I missed lunch with my co-workers who are only working the election, so they will be gone come next week. Plus, I am missing going shopping with my housemates (there are big sales this weekend).

So alas, when I should be drinking cerveza in the sun with my coworkers or shopping with my housemates, I'm watching t.v. shows, drinking hot herbal tea, and practicing saying "me duele la garganta."

Still hoping to avoid the worst: stuffy nose etc. I hope at least it will wait until Tuesday so I can enjoy the long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment